- 250 gram packet granita or wheatmeal biscuits, roughly broken
- 100 gram packet red glace cherries
- 125 gram butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1Combine biscuits and cherries in a large bowl.
- 2Heat butter in a small saucepan on a low heat 1-2 minutes, until melted. Mix in brown sugar and cocoa, stirring until sugar dissolves. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 3Blend butter mixture into biscuit mixture until well combined.
- 4Using 2 x 30cm lengths of foil, sprinkle each with half the coconut. Pile half mixture onto each piece of foil, forming logs. Roll up, pressing firmly.
- 5Seal and chill about 3 hours until firm. Slice to serve or package as desired.
Other dried fruit may be used in place of glace cherries if liked.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesToday 1:55am
- Easy Spanish paella recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy pastry twistsYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato Salad RecipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lasagne recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Brilliant broccoli recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheYesterday 1:59am
- Classic sconesYesterday 1:35am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeAug 04, 2020
- Homemade pastyAug 04, 2020
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceAug 04, 2020
- Tangy lemon squaresAug 04, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesAug 04, 2020
- 27 comforting custard dessertsAug 04, 2020
- Anzac biscuit recipesAug 04, 2020
- Traditional beef casseroleAug 04, 2020