- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium (300g) brown onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 2 trimmed (200g) stalks celery, chopped coarsely
- 2 medium (240g) carrots, chopped coarsely
- 2 medium (500g) parsnips, chopped coarsely
- 1 large (500g) kumara, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 2 cup (500ml) salt-teduced vegetable stock
- 1 litre (4 cups) water
- 1 cup (200g) red lentils
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) boiling water, extra
- 2 slices burgen bread, to serve
- 200 gram low-fat yoghurt
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan, cook onions, garlic, celery, carrots, parsnip and kumara for about 10 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Add curry paste, cook until fragrant.
- 2Add stock, the water and lentils, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer for about 25 minutes or until vegetables and lentils are soft.
- 3To make coriander yoghurt meanwhile, blend half the yogurt with the coriander until smooth; stir in remaining yoghurt. Refrigerate until required.
- 4Blend or process soup in batches until smooth. Return soup to a clean pan; stir in extra boiling water and bring to the boil.
- 5Ladle soup into serving bowls, top with coriander yogurt and a little freshly ground black pepper, if desired. Serve with toasted bread, cut into six servings.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021