- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 50 gram diced bacon
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 500 gram beef mince
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 yellow capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 2 1/2 cup warm basic bolognese sauce ((use recipe above or buy from store)
- 1 1/4 litre (6 cups) boiling water
- 3 large salt-reduced beef stock cubes
- 1/2 cup risoni
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup shaved firm feta
- 1Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Cook and stir onion, celery, carrot and bacon for 5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 2Add mince; cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in the tomato paste and stock; cook and stir for 1 minute or until combined. Add the tomatoes and bay leaves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir in parsley.
- 3Reserve 2 ½ cups for bolognese soup. Store remaining sauce in an airtight container in the fridge, or label, date and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 4Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over moderate heat. Cook and stir green capsicum, yellow capsicum and rosemary for 4 minutes or until tender.
- 5Add the bolognese sauce, the water, crumbled stock cubes and pasta. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 6Stir in kale. Remove from heat. Serve topped with feta.
Recipe for bolognese sauce makes 5 cups. For bolognese soup recipe, you will only need 2 ½ cups. Bolognese sauce will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. To use, just thaw in the fridge overnight. Soup can be made up to 2 days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge, or label, date and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in the fridge overnight. Budget tips: Omit yellow capsicum, use an extra green capsicum instead. Use 2 cups shredded Savoy cabbage instead of kale.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Aussie damperToday 12:41am
- Protein and bliss ballsYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free dessertsMar 27, 2020
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 26, 2020
- The best Italian recipesMar 26, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 26, 2020
- RatatouilleMar 26, 2020
- Quince pasteMar 26, 2020
- Classic recipe for chocolate mousseMar 25, 2020
- Osso buccoMar 25, 2020
- Apple crumbleMar 25, 2020
- Ginger sticky date puddingMar 25, 2020
- Delicious recipes to try in your Air FryerMar 25, 2020
- Easy baking recipesMar 25, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMar 25, 2020