Looking for more banana bread recipes?
- 2 cups (300g) white spelt flour
- 1 cup (150g) wholemeal spelt flour
- ½ cup (60g) ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 2 large very ripe bananas (460g)
- ½ cup (125ml) soy milk
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 200 grams silken tofu
- ½ cup (125ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (60ml) sparkling apple juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, extra
- ½ cup (55g) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease and line a 12cm x 24cm loaf pan.
- 2Sift flours, ground almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl.
- 3Blend or process one banana, milk, oil, tofu, syrup and extract until smooth.
- 4Finely chop remaining banana.
- 5Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; mix well, then gently stir in the finely chopped banana and apple juice. Pour mixture into pan.
- 6Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (cover with foil if the bread is over-browning during cooking).
- 7Stand in pan for 5 minutes; turn bread, top-side up, onto a wire rack. Brush with extra syrup; sprinkle with nuts.
The banana bread can be served warm or cold. Leftover banana bread can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Pasta al forno - Italian sausage pasta bakeToday 7:48am
- Vietnamese beef saladToday 6:23am
- Lattice biscuit citrus cheesecakeToday 6:00am
- Hoot hoot horray owl birthday cakeToday 5:26am
- Cauliflower and parsley saladToday 2:56am
- Impressive no-bake cheesecakes to finish a mealToday 1:13am
- Easy lemon cheesecakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect puff pastry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020