Looking for more banana bread recipes?
- 2 cups (300g) white spelt flour
- 1 cup (150g) wholemeal spelt flour
- ½ cup (60g) ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 2 large very ripe bananas (460g)
- ½ cup (125ml) soy milk
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 200 grams silken tofu
- ½ cup (125ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (60ml) sparkling apple juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, extra
- ½ cup (55g) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease and line a 12cm x 24cm loaf pan.
- 2Sift flours, ground almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl.
- 3Blend or process one banana, milk, oil, tofu, syrup and extract until smooth.
- 4Finely chop remaining banana.
- 5Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; mix well, then gently stir in the finely chopped banana and apple juice. Pour mixture into pan.
- 6Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (cover with foil if the bread is over-browning during cooking).
- 7Stand in pan for 5 minutes; turn bread, top-side up, onto a wire rack. Brush with extra syrup; sprinkle with nuts.
The banana bread can be served warm or cold. Leftover banana bread can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 12 easy Japanese dishesYesterday 11:00pm
- Roast lambYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheese delightsYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cream soup with mushroomsYesterday 2:00pm
- Healthy lunchbox recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury apple sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesecake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef silverside with parsley chat potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our favourite family roastsYesterday 2:00pm
- Healthy and tasty low-fat recipesJul 30, 2020
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseJul 30, 2020
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toJul 30, 2020
- Lamb shanks massamanJul 29, 2020
- Healthy banana breadJul 29, 2020
- Sensational savoury piesJul 29, 2020