- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts, skins removed, coarsely chopped
- 300 millilitre carton cream, whipped
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 punnet (250g) strawberries, thinly sliced
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- 1Preheat oven to slow, 150°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2In a large, clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 3Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla; fold in nuts.
- 4Form six 12cm nests on tray. Bake 10 minutes.
- 5Reduce oven temperature to slow, 120°C.
- 6Bake nests a further 20 minutes. Cool in a turned-off oven, with door ajar, to dry completely.
- 7Top meringues with cream. Arrange bananas and strawberries on top; dust with cocoa.
A handy way to stop the oven door from slamming when cooling the pavlova is by wedging a wooden spoon in the door.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022