- 1/2 cup (160g) chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 460 grams double unfilled sponge cakes
- 1/2 cup (70g) skinless hazelnuts, roasted, chopped
- 125 grams Ferrero Rocher
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk, approximately
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) malted milk powder
- 400 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups (400g) icing sugar
- 80 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pouring cream
- 1Combine chocolate spread and milk in a small saucepan; whisk over low heat until just combined. Cool to room temperature.
- 2Meanwhile, heat milk in a small saucepan until warm; whisk in malted milk powder to form a smooth paste. Stir over heat for 1 minute; refrigerate for 10 minutes or until cooled. Beat butter and sifted icing sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add cooled malted milk mixture; beat well until light and fluffy.
- 3Split cakes in half. Place one cake layer on a plate or stand. Spread with one-third of the chocolate spread mixture. Reserve half the Malted Buttercream for decorating. Spread cake layer with ½ cup of remaining Malted Buttercream. Repeat layering with cake, chocolate spread mixture and Malted Buttercream, finishing with cake. Spread a layer of remaining Malted Buttercream over top and side of cake. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 4To decorate, spread reserved Malted Buttercream over top and side of cake. Press hazelnuts around bottom third of cake. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 5Meanwhile, stir ganache ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Stand the Ganache, stirring occasionally, until cooled and the texture resembles thickened cream.
- 6Pour cooled Ganache over top of cake, allowing mixture to run down side. Arrange Ferrero Rochers on cake. Stand until set.
Suitable to freeze and microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsYesterday 7:15am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotYesterday 5:27am
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladYesterday 1:30am
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019