- 1 litre good quality vanilla ice-cream, softened but not melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoon frangelico
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1 cup frangelico
- 2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Remove softened ice-cream from container and tip into large mixing bowl.
- 2Place Frangelico and Nutella into small mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- 3Drizzle Nutella mixture over ice-cream and stir lightly to ripple. Spoon into 1-litre container and cover with lid or cling wrap (or you could return to the original ice-cream container). Place in freezer for 1 to 2 hours until ice-cream is firm.
- 4Tumble hazelnuts onto baking tray and roast for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and tip into clean tea towel. Fold tea towel over and rub hazelnuts to remove skin.
- 5Roughly chop nuts and pour into medium bowl: toss with brown sugar and water. Return to baking tray and roast for 10 minutes until sugar caramelises. Stir half way through to prevent nuts from sticking together.
- 6While nuts are roasting, make syrup. Pour Frangelico into small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add zest and boil rapidly for about 6 minutes until reduced by two thirds. Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly.
- 7Remove caramelised nuts from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- 8Scoop ice-cream into serving bowls, drizzle with warm Frangelico syrup and top with warm candied hazelnuts for crunch. Yum!
It may seem like there's a lot of alcohol In this dessert, however, the alcohol in the syrup evaporates as it reduces. The Frangelico stirred through the Nutella makes the Nutella set softer in the ice-cream, instead of freezing hard. If you're making this dessert for kids, you can leave out the Frangelico, but you will end up with a chewier texture.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsToday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsToday 1:00pm
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted vegetable salad with garlic mustard dressingYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky wing with sesame saltYesterday 1:00pm
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceYesterday 1:00pm
- How to bake basic damper while campingYesterday 1:00pm
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingYesterday 1:00pm
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerYesterday 1:00pm
- Green minestrone with pestoYesterday 1:00pm
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantYesterday 1:00pm
- Paper cup popsiclesYesterday 1:00pm
- Grilled cajun fish burgers with hot coriander sauceYesterday 12:46am