- 250 gram (8 ounces) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cup (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 cup (160g) icing (confectioner's) sugar
- 3/4 cup (75g) ground hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (160g) icing (confectioner's) sugar, extra
- 1Place butter and egg in a medium bowl. Split vanilla bean lengthways; scrape seeds into butter mixture. Beat with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in sifted flour and icing sugar, ground hazelnuts, rind and cinnamon. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours.
- 2Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F.
- 3Divide dough into 3 portions; split each portion evenly into 10 pieces. Roll each piece into a small crescent shape.
- 4Place crescents, about 5cm (2 inches) apart, on baking-paper-lined trays. Bake crescents about 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 5Place extra icing sugar in a medium bowl, toss biscuits, one at a time, in sugar to coat generously.
Crescents will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladYesterday 11:40pm
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019