- 250 gram (8 ounces) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cup (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 cup (160g) icing (confectioner's) sugar
- 3/4 cup (75g) ground hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (160g) icing (confectioner's) sugar, extra
- 1Place butter and egg in a medium bowl. Split vanilla bean lengthways; scrape seeds into butter mixture. Beat with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in sifted flour and icing sugar, ground hazelnuts, rind and cinnamon. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours.
- 2Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F.
- 3Divide dough into 3 portions; split each portion evenly into 10 pieces. Roll each piece into a small crescent shape.
- 4Place crescents, about 5cm (2 inches) apart, on baking-paper-lined trays. Bake crescents about 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 5Place extra icing sugar in a medium bowl, toss biscuits, one at a time, in sugar to coat generously.
Crescents will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020