- 2 large_piece all-purpose potatoes
- 1 (59g) egg
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1Peel potatoes and grate coarsely. Place grated potato in a colander or large strainer and press firmly to remove as much moisture as possible. Spread grated potato over a paper towel-lined tray, pat with extra paper towel to remove any remaining moisture then transfer to a large bowl. Add egg, flour, salt and pepper and mix well with a fork.
- 2Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil over the base of a large frypan, spoon heaped tablespoons of potato mixture into hot oil and spread out to form 6-8cm rounds using the back of a spoon. Cook until golden underneath then turn and cook other side until browned and crisp. Remove hash browns from pan, drain on paper towel and keep warm. Repeat with remaining potato mixture. Serve immediately, season with a little extra salt if desired.
Recipe is best prepared as required.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apricot bliss ballsDec 07, 2021
- Cute canapes to start your dinner partyDec 07, 2021
- Perfect Christmas finger food recipesDec 07, 2021
- 31 tasty ways to use your leftover Christmas hamDec 07, 2021
- Chicken and lemon risottoDec 07, 2021
- Rice-cooker bibimbapDec 07, 2021
- 10 recipes to make your Christmas stress-freeDec 06, 2021
- Our best shepherd's pieDec 06, 2021
- Nougat semifreddo in white chcocolate conesDec 06, 2021
- Yum-yum dan dan noodlesDec 06, 2021
- Stained glass biscottiDec 06, 2021
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsDec 06, 2021
- 19 turkey recipes for the festive seasonDec 06, 2021