Crispy hash browns make the perfect accompaniment to any breakfast or brunch.
- 2 large_piece all-purpose potatoes
- 1 (59g) egg
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1Peel potatoes and grate coarsely. Place grated potato in a colander or large strainer and press firmly to remove as much moisture as possible. Spread grated potato over a paper towel-lined tray, pat with extra paper towel to remove any remaining moisture then transfer to a large bowl. Add egg, flour, salt and pepper and mix well with a fork.
- 2Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil over the base of a large frypan, spoon heaped tablespoons of potato mixture into hot oil and spread out to form 6-8cm rounds using the back of a spoon. Cook until golden underneath then turn and cook other side until browned and crisp. Remove hash browns from pan, drain on paper towel and keep warm. Repeat with remaining potato mixture. Serve immediately, season with a little extra salt if desired.
Recipe is best prepared as required.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Miso eggplant and noodle saladYesterday 10:00pm
- New York cheesecakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Verjuice chicken and leek stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Chunky minestrone with haloumiYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken paprikashYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef and mushroom stewYesterday 2:00pm
- 16 tasty ways with risoni pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy gravyYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy chicken pasta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Arancini with tomato and balsamic sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- 23 sweet and savoury hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Coconut beef curryYesterday 2:00pm