Crispy hash browns make the perfect accompaniment to any breakfast or brunch.
- 2 large_piece all-purpose potatoes
- 1 (59g) egg
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1Peel potatoes and grate coarsely. Place grated potato in a colander or large strainer and press firmly to remove as much moisture as possible. Spread grated potato over a paper towel-lined tray, pat with extra paper towel to remove any remaining moisture then transfer to a large bowl. Add egg, flour, salt and pepper and mix well with a fork.
- 2Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil over the base of a large frypan, spoon heaped tablespoons of potato mixture into hot oil and spread out to form 6-8cm rounds using the back of a spoon. Cook until golden underneath then turn and cook other side until browned and crisp. Remove hash browns from pan, drain on paper towel and keep warm. Repeat with remaining potato mixture. Serve immediately, season with a little extra salt if desired.
Recipe is best prepared as required.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Broccoli riceJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Aromatic Vietnamese beef curryYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella TiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chicken parmigianaYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021
- Our best banana breadJan 26, 2021