- 2 large_piece all-purpose potatoes
- 1 (59g) egg
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1Peel potatoes and grate coarsely. Place grated potato in a colander or large strainer and press firmly to remove as much moisture as possible. Spread grated potato over a paper towel-lined tray, pat with extra paper towel to remove any remaining moisture then transfer to a large bowl. Add egg, flour, salt and pepper and mix well with a fork.
- 2Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil over the base of a large frypan, spoon heaped tablespoons of potato mixture into hot oil and spread out to form 6-8cm rounds using the back of a spoon. Cook until golden underneath then turn and cook other side until browned and crisp. Remove hash browns from pan, drain on paper towel and keep warm. Repeat with remaining potato mixture. Serve immediately, season with a little extra salt if desired.
Recipe is best prepared as required.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020