- 1 egg
- cold water
- 1Always cook a fresh egg and one that is at room temperature (not straight out of the fridge).
- 2Place egg into a small saucepan and cover with cold water; by about 1cm. Bring to the boil over medium heat.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes if you like a softer centre; 6 minutes if you like it cooked all the way through.
- 4Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and transfer to an egg cup. Slice off tops and serve.
Always use a kitchen timer; avoid using your watch or clock. Never use fast boiling water; a gentle simmer is all they need. Don't boil eggs longer than necessary as the yolks turn dark and rubbery.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineYesterday 1:00pm
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltYesterday 1:00pm
- White Christmas sliceYesterday 12:56am
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019
- Prawn and mango saladDec 02, 2019