- 1/2 cup (130g) sundried tomato pesto
- 155 gram thinly sliced ham, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup (120g) coarsely grated cheddar
- 3 teaspoon (10g) dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon fine table salt
- 2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 3 1/3 cup (485g) plain flour
- 1 large zucchini (150g), grated coarsely
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup (180ml) warm water, approximately
- 1To make the zucchini dough: Combine yeast, salt, sugar, flour, zucchini and cheese in a large bowl; make a well in the centre. Stir in oil and enough of the water to mix to a soft dough. Knead dough on floured surface for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. (Or use a stand mixer with a dough hook and knead for about 5 minutes.) Place dough in a large oiled bowl, cover; stand in a warm place for 1 hour or until dough doubles in size. Turn dough onto floured surface; knead until smooth.
- 2Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan). Line 2 x 6-hole texas muffin pans with baking paper.
- 3Roll dough on a floured surface into 30cm x 50cm rectangle. Spread dough with pesto; sprinkle with ham and cheese.
- 4Starting at one long side, roll dough tightly. Trim edges. Cut roll into 12 slices; place slices, cut-side up, into pan holes. Stand in warm place for 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 5Bake scrolls for 20 minutes or until browned lightly. Stand scrolls in pans for 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
Use 15cm squares of baking paper to line the muffin pan. Wrap scrolls individually in plastic and freeze for up to one month. The dough can be made using a stand mixer with a dough attachment; knead the dough for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022