Guinness and lime rump steak
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) guinness stout
- 2 limes (130g), rind finely grated, juice squeezed
- 2 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 piece (800g) middle cut rump steak
- 2 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley leaves
- oven fries, to serve
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large (600g) red onions, sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) red wine
Guinness and lime rump steak with onion marmalade
- 1Add the stout, rind and juice, tarragon, garlic, pepper, salt and olive oil to a large shallow dish. Add the steak and turn to coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 3-6 hours.
- 2Make onion marmalade: Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan over medium heat; add the onion and salt. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- 3Stir in the sugar and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the vinegar and wine; cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Season to taste.
- 4Remove steak from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking; drain excess marinade.
- 5Preheat barbecue to high and brush grill plate with a little olive oil to grease. Put the steak on the hot plate and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until cooked as desired. Remove steak to a warm plate, cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle steak with parsley. Serve with the onion marmalade and fries, if desired.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsToday 12:54am
- Easter bunny cakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019