- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 1 2/3 cup (410ml) milk
- 20 gram butter, chopped
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 1/3 cup (165g) grated gruyère cheese
- 100 gram sliced smoked salmon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon drained baby capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh chervil leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Oil 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof soufflé dish; place on oven tray.
- 2Place flour in small saucepan; gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Cook flour mixture over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Whisk in egg yolks and cheese. Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl.
- 3Beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into cheese mixture, in two batches. Pour mixture into dish.
- 4Bake soufflé about 35 to 40 minutes or until well risen and browned.
- 5Arrange salmon on serving platter, top with capers and chervil; serve with soufflé.
Always ensure the egg yolks and whites are completely separated. The smallest amount of yolk can prevent egg whites from stiffening as they should.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019