- 60 gram butter, softened
- 10 centimetre stick lemongrass, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 16 medium king prawns, uncooked, shelled and deveined
- 1Beat butter, lemongrass, half the rind and the juice in a small bowl until combined; stir in parsley.
- 2Melt half the butter mixture in a small saucepan; remove from heat. Thread two prawns onto each of eight skewers; brush with half the butter mixture.
- 3Cook prawns on a heated oiled barbecue (or grill or grill pan) until changed in colour. Serve prawns topped with remaining butter mixture; sprinkle with remaining rind.
You will need to buy about 1kg prawns in the shell for this recipe. Shell and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact. You will need 8 x 25cm bamboo skewers. Soak them in water for at least 1 hour before use to prevent them splintering and scorching during cooking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesToday 1:33am
- DukkahYesterday 11:00pm
- Mocha mi suYesterday 1:00pm
- Sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Crackling hamYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make buttercream icing for cakes and cupcakesYesterday 1:11am
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019
- ColeslawDec 09, 2019
- Honey soy nutsDec 09, 2019
- Millionaire's shortbreadDec 09, 2019
- Christmas celebration salad with maple dressingDec 09, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafDec 08, 2019
- Spiced sweet potato tartDec 08, 2019
- Sweet potato, mint and goat’s cheese tartletsDec 08, 2019
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 08, 2019