- 60 gram butter, softened
- 10 centimetre stick lemongrass, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 16 medium king prawns, uncooked, shelled and deveined
- 1Beat butter, lemongrass, half the rind and the juice in a small bowl until combined; stir in parsley.
- 2Melt half the butter mixture in a small saucepan; remove from heat. Thread two prawns onto each of eight skewers; brush with half the butter mixture.
- 3Cook prawns on a heated oiled barbecue (or grill or grill pan) until changed in colour. Serve prawns topped with remaining butter mixture; sprinkle with remaining rind.
You will need to buy about 1kg prawns in the shell for this recipe. Shell and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact. You will need 8 x 25cm bamboo skewers. Soak them in water for at least 1 hour before use to prevent them splintering and scorching during cooking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsNov 25, 2021
- Fresh apricot jamNov 25, 2021
- Honey and orange glazed hamNov 25, 2021
- 35 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit yoghurt cupcakesNov 25, 2021
- Bear clawsNov 25, 2021
- Five ingredient beef tacosNov 25, 2021
- Fruit mince swirl piesNov 25, 2021
- 20 beautiful biscotti recipesNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit and lemon butterNov 25, 2021
- Tandoori chicken with cucumber saladNov 25, 2021
- SkordaliaNov 25, 2021
- Seafood chowderNov 25, 2021
- Pistachio and cranberry biscottiNov 25, 2021
- How to make pork laksa with five ingredientsNov 25, 2021