- 1/3 cup grated palm sugar
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 4 ripe slipstone peaches, halved
- 200 gram greek-style yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven 180°C (160°C fan-forced.)
- 2In a small bowl, rub the palm sugar and almond meal together.
- 3Cut the peaches in half and remove the stones. Sit the peaches on a tray, cut side up, and spoon the almond mixture onto the top of each peach. Put the peaches onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the peaches begin to soften.
- 4Meanwhile, make cinnamon yoghurt: combine yoghurt, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 5Serve the warm peaches with a dollop of the cinnamon yogurt.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave. Palm sugar is more commonly used to sweeten Asian dishes. It is a wonderfully caramel flavoured sweetener which has the added bonus of being high in minerals with a low GI. It can also be used grated over porridge, bircher muesli or to sweeten rice pudding. Palm sugar is available in the Asian section of most large supermarkets or specialty Asian stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupYesterday 1:00pm
- Fresh tomato pizzettasYesterday 1:00pm
- 30 sweet slice recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeJan 19, 2022