- 8 garfish, filleted (about 800g total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 100 gram rocket leaves
- lemon wedges, to serves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, diced into 2cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, diced into 2cm pieces
- 1 yellow capsicum, diced into 2cm pieces
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 clove garlic, peeled, sliced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup small black olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed
Grilled garfish with caponata
- 1To make caponata, heat oil in pan; cook eggplant, capsicum, onion, celery and garlic about 5 minutes, or until softened. Add tomatoes and vinegar; cook, stirring, a few more minutes. Add olives and capers; simmer 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat an oven grill. Place fish on tray and brush with oil; place under grill 2-3 minutes, or until just cooked.
- 3Transfer garfish fillets to plate and spoon a generous amount of caponata on side.
- 4Sprinkle fish with chopped parsley; garnish with rocket and lemon wedges to serve.