- 1 medium pear (230g), cored, cut into eight wedges
- 4 medium figs (240g), halved lengthways
- 1 medium blood orange (240g), peeled, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 1/3 cup (95g) coconut yoghurt
- 3 teaspoon sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1Cook pear on a heated lightly oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue), over medium-high heat, for 4 minutes each side or until slightly tender and charred.
- 2Add figs halfway through cooking time; cook for 2 minutes each side until figs are tender and charred.
- 3Combine grilled fruit with orange in serving bowls; top with yoghurt and sunflower seeds.
To cook figs, place a small sheet of baking paper on the grill plate to prevent the figs from sticking. You could also eat this fruit salad fresh without grilling the fruit, for a breakfast on-the-go. Pure coconut yoghurt is dairy-free and is available from health food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019
- Ricotta recipes for a delicious dinnerMay 14, 2019