- 1 medium pear (230g), cored, cut into eight wedges
- 4 medium figs (240g), halved lengthways
- 1 medium blood orange (240g), peeled, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 1/3 cup (95g) coconut yoghurt
- 3 teaspoon sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1Cook pear on a heated lightly oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue), over medium-high heat, for 4 minutes each side or until slightly tender and charred.
- 2Add figs halfway through cooking time; cook for 2 minutes each side until figs are tender and charred.
- 3Combine grilled fruit with orange in serving bowls; top with yoghurt and sunflower seeds.
To cook figs, place a small sheet of baking paper on the grill plate to prevent the figs from sticking. You could also eat this fruit salad fresh without grilling the fruit, for a breakfast on-the-go. Pure coconut yoghurt is dairy-free and is available from health food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieToday 5:13am
- Caramel sliceYesterday 11:16pm
- Corn and kidney bean quesadillas with tomato salsaYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb with white beansYesterday 1:00pm
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsYesterday 1:00pm
- Brown fried rice with carrot, cabbage and red onionYesterday 1:00pm
- Raspberry crumble almond tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Braised beef cheeks in red wineYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingYesterday 1:00pm
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawYesterday 1:00pm
- Creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- Fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniYesterday 1:00pm
- Jam rollYesterday 1:00pm
- Cumin-spiced steak with white bean hummusYesterday 1:00pm