- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1½ cups (375ml) almond and coconut milk
- 1½ cups (375ml) vegetable stock
- 1 bunch (175g) broccolini, sliced
- 1 bunch (170g) asparagus, tips reserved, stems chopped finely
- 150 g green beans, halved
- 3 cups (100g) shredded curly kale
- 150 g sugar snap peas
- 1½ cups fresh Thai basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 green onions (green shallots)
- 2 fresh long green chillies, seeded
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- ½ bunch fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1Coarsely chop green onions, chillies, lemongrass and coriander roots and stems (reserve coriander leaves for step 4). Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add coriander and cumin seeds; toast for 1 minute or until fragrant. Process all ingredients in a food processor to form a smooth paste. Season.
- 2Heat a large wok over high heat. Add oil, shallot and ginger; cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- 3Add almond and coconut milk and stock; bring to the boil. Add broccolini, asparagus stems and green beans; reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
- 4Add kale, peas, reserved asparagus tips, half the Thai basil, reserved coriander leaves from the curry paste, fish sauce and honey; simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- 5Top curry with remaining Thai basil and some toasted flaked coconut and pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels), if you like. Serve with some steamed brown rice, if desired.
Curry paste suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsYesterday 6:29am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotYesterday 5:27am
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesYesterday 1:54am
- Fennel recipesYesterday 1:47am
- Tuna mornayYesterday 1:00am
- Beef stroganoffJul 12, 2020
- Homemade muesli barsJul 12, 2020
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerJul 12, 2020
- Healthy recipes with mince for dinnerJul 12, 2020
- Couscous, red cabbage and walnut saladJul 12, 2020
- Fabulous frittata recipesJul 12, 2020
- Mixed mushroom stroganoffJul 12, 2020
- Creative cabbage recipesJul 12, 2020
- Christmas in July recipesJul 10, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020