- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1½ cups (375ml) almond and coconut milk
- 1½ cups (375ml) vegetable stock
- 1 bunch (175g) broccolini, sliced
- 1 bunch (170g) asparagus, tips reserved, stems chopped finely
- 150 g green beans, halved
- 3 cups (100g) shredded curly kale
- 150 g sugar snap peas
- 1½ cups fresh Thai basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 green onions (green shallots)
- 2 fresh long green chillies, seeded
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- ½ bunch fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1Coarsely chop green onions, chillies, lemongrass and coriander roots and stems (reserve coriander leaves for step 4). Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add coriander and cumin seeds; toast for 1 minute or until fragrant. Process all ingredients in a food processor to form a smooth paste. Season.
- 2Heat a large wok over high heat. Add oil, shallot and ginger; cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- 3Add almond and coconut milk and stock; bring to the boil. Add broccolini, asparagus stems and green beans; reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
- 4Add kale, peas, reserved asparagus tips, half the Thai basil, reserved coriander leaves from the curry paste, fish sauce and honey; simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- 5Top curry with remaining Thai basil and some toasted flaked coconut and pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels), if you like. Serve with some steamed brown rice, if desired.
Curry paste suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Fettuccine carbonaraToday 5:37am
- White ChristmasYesterday 9:00pm
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Best edible Christmas giftsYesterday 1:00pm
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect roast potatoesYesterday 1:00pm
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020
- Raspberry and almond trifleNov 20, 2020
- White choc-mint candy cane barkNov 20, 2020
- Iced vovo sliceNov 19, 2020
- Christmas pudding ice-cream bombesNov 19, 2020
- Banana smoothieNov 19, 2020
- Honeycomb and hazelnut frozen parfait puddingNov 19, 2020
- How to make preserved lemonsNov 19, 2020