- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1½ cups (375ml) almond and coconut milk
- 1½ cups (375ml) vegetable stock
- 1 bunch (175g) broccolini, sliced
- 1 bunch (170g) asparagus, tips reserved, stems chopped finely
- 150 g green beans, halved
- 3 cups (100g) shredded curly kale
- 150 g sugar snap peas
- 1½ cups fresh Thai basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 green onions (green shallots)
- 2 fresh long green chillies, seeded
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- ½ bunch fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1Coarsely chop green onions, chillies, lemongrass and coriander roots and stems (reserve coriander leaves for step 4). Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add coriander and cumin seeds; toast for 1 minute or until fragrant. Process all ingredients in a food processor to form a smooth paste. Season.
- 2Heat a large wok over high heat. Add oil, shallot and ginger; cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- 3Add almond and coconut milk and stock; bring to the boil. Add broccolini, asparagus stems and green beans; reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
- 4Add kale, peas, reserved asparagus tips, half the Thai basil, reserved coriander leaves from the curry paste, fish sauce and honey; simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- 5Top curry with remaining Thai basil and some toasted flaked coconut and pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels), if you like. Serve with some steamed brown rice, if desired.
Curry paste suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Pasta al forno - Italian sausage pasta bakeToday 7:48am
- Vietnamese beef saladToday 6:23am
- Lattice biscuit citrus cheesecakeToday 6:00am
- Hoot hoot horray owl birthday cakeToday 5:26am
- Cauliflower and parsley saladToday 2:56am
- Impressive no-bake cheesecakes to finish a mealToday 1:13am
- Easy lemon cheesecakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Hash brownsYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect puff pastry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Low fat beef sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020