- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1½ cups (375ml) almond and coconut milk
- 1½ cups (375ml) vegetable stock
- 1 bunch (175g) broccolini, sliced
- 1 bunch (170g) asparagus, tips reserved, stems chopped finely
- 150 g green beans, halved
- 3 cups (100g) shredded curly kale
- 150 g sugar snap peas
- 1½ cups fresh Thai basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 green onions (green shallots)
- 2 fresh long green chillies, seeded
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- ½ bunch fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1Coarsely chop green onions, chillies, lemongrass and coriander roots and stems (reserve coriander leaves for step 4). Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add coriander and cumin seeds; toast for 1 minute or until fragrant. Process all ingredients in a food processor to form a smooth paste. Season.
- 2Heat a large wok over high heat. Add oil, shallot and ginger; cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- 3Add almond and coconut milk and stock; bring to the boil. Add broccolini, asparagus stems and green beans; reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
- 4Add kale, peas, reserved asparagus tips, half the Thai basil, reserved coriander leaves from the curry paste, fish sauce and honey; simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- 5Top curry with remaining Thai basil and some toasted flaked coconut and pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels), if you like. Serve with some steamed brown rice, if desired.
Curry paste suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019
- Classic rum ballsNov 01, 2019
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsOct 31, 2019