- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1½ cups (375ml) almond and coconut milk
- 1½ cups (375ml) vegetable stock
- 1 bunch (175g) broccolini, sliced
- 1 bunch (170g) asparagus, tips reserved, stems chopped finely
- 150 g green beans, halved
- 3 cups (100g) shredded curly kale
- 150 g sugar snap peas
- 1½ cups fresh Thai basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 green onions (green shallots)
- 2 fresh long green chillies, seeded
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- ½ bunch fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1Coarsely chop green onions, chillies, lemongrass and coriander roots and stems (reserve coriander leaves for step 4). Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add coriander and cumin seeds; toast for 1 minute or until fragrant. Process all ingredients in a food processor to form a smooth paste. Season.
- 2Heat a large wok over high heat. Add oil, shallot and ginger; cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- 3Add almond and coconut milk and stock; bring to the boil. Add broccolini, asparagus stems and green beans; reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
- 4Add kale, peas, reserved asparagus tips, half the Thai basil, reserved coriander leaves from the curry paste, fish sauce and honey; simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- 5Top curry with remaining Thai basil and some toasted flaked coconut and pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels), if you like. Serve with some steamed brown rice, if desired.
Curry paste suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- ColeslawYesterday 1:00pm
- Honey soy nutsYesterday 1:00pm
- Millionaire's shortbreadYesterday 6:08am
- Christmas celebration salad with maple dressingYesterday 3:33am
- Spinach dip cob loafDec 08, 2019
- Spiced sweet potato tartDec 08, 2019
- Sweet potato, mint and goat’s cheese tartletsDec 08, 2019
- Mushroom and spinach bruschettaDec 08, 2019
- Chocolate hazelnut ice-cream pandoroDec 08, 2019
- Asparagus with crisp lentils and herb yoghurtDec 08, 2019
- A very vegetarian ChristmasDec 06, 2019
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltDec 05, 2019
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealDec 05, 2019