- 170 gram asparagus
- 8 snow peas
- 1 (130g) lebanese cucumber
- 1 small_piece (200g) avocado
- 100 gram mesclun
- 2 tablespoon japanese soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 5 (mm) (¼-inch) piece fresh ginger (2g), grated
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Make dressing. Place ingredients in screw-top jar; shake well. Stand 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave asparagus and snow peas separately until just tender, drain. Rinse under cold water, drain. Cut into chunks.
- 3Halve cucumber lengthways, discard seeds with teaspoon. Slice cucumber thinly. Cut avocado into small cubes.
- 4Place asparagus, snow peas, cucumber and avocado in large bowl with mesclun and dressing, toss gently to combine.
Add some halved cherry tomatoes for colour or small Japanese rice crackers or crispy wasabi peas for a crunch.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020