- 170 gram asparagus
- 8 snow peas
- 1 (130g) lebanese cucumber
- 1 small_piece (200g) avocado
- 100 gram mesclun
- 2 tablespoon japanese soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 5 (mm) (¼-inch) piece fresh ginger (2g), grated
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Make dressing. Place ingredients in screw-top jar; shake well. Stand 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave asparagus and snow peas separately until just tender, drain. Rinse under cold water, drain. Cut into chunks.
- 3Halve cucumber lengthways, discard seeds with teaspoon. Slice cucumber thinly. Cut avocado into small cubes.
- 4Place asparagus, snow peas, cucumber and avocado in large bowl with mesclun and dressing, toss gently to combine.
Add some halved cherry tomatoes for colour or small Japanese rice crackers or crispy wasabi peas for a crunch.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- RatatouilleToday 6:11am
- Easter lunch recipesToday 12:43am
- Vegetarian eggplant recipesToday 12:20am
- Scone recipesYesterday 11:38pm
- PikeletsYesterday 6:00pm
- Delicious cornflake cookies and slicesYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Sausage casseroleYesterday 2:00pm
- Irish soda bread rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten-free sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef bourguignon and potato pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Easter baking ideasYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 classic baking recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easter carrot cake with spiced buttercream & caramel sauceYesterday 2:30am
- Melting momentsApr 06, 2020
- Easter bunny cakeApr 06, 2020