- 170 gram asparagus
- 8 snow peas
- 1 (130g) lebanese cucumber
- 1 small_piece (200g) avocado
- 100 gram mesclun
- 2 tablespoon japanese soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 5 (mm) (¼-inch) piece fresh ginger (2g), grated
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Make dressing. Place ingredients in screw-top jar; shake well. Stand 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave asparagus and snow peas separately until just tender, drain. Rinse under cold water, drain. Cut into chunks.
- 3Halve cucumber lengthways, discard seeds with teaspoon. Slice cucumber thinly. Cut avocado into small cubes.
- 4Place asparagus, snow peas, cucumber and avocado in large bowl with mesclun and dressing, toss gently to combine.
Add some halved cherry tomatoes for colour or small Japanese rice crackers or crispy wasabi peas for a crunch.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Healthy meal ideas when you don't know what to makeYesterday 5:27am
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019
- Classic rum ballsNov 01, 2019
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsOct 31, 2019