- 170 gram asparagus
- 8 snow peas
- 1 (130g) lebanese cucumber
- 1 small_piece (200g) avocado
- 100 gram mesclun
- 2 tablespoon japanese soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 5 (mm) (¼-inch) piece fresh ginger (2g), grated
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Make dressing. Place ingredients in screw-top jar; shake well. Stand 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave asparagus and snow peas separately until just tender, drain. Rinse under cold water, drain. Cut into chunks.
- 3Halve cucumber lengthways, discard seeds with teaspoon. Slice cucumber thinly. Cut avocado into small cubes.
- 4Place asparagus, snow peas, cucumber and avocado in large bowl with mesclun and dressing, toss gently to combine.
Add some halved cherry tomatoes for colour or small Japanese rice crackers or crispy wasabi peas for a crunch.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 10, 2020
- Christmas in July recipesJul 10, 2020
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020