- 170 gram asparagus
- 8 snow peas
- 1 (130g) lebanese cucumber
- 1 small_piece (200g) avocado
- 100 gram mesclun
- 2 tablespoon japanese soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 5 (mm) (¼-inch) piece fresh ginger (2g), grated
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Make dressing. Place ingredients in screw-top jar; shake well. Stand 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave asparagus and snow peas separately until just tender, drain. Rinse under cold water, drain. Cut into chunks.
- 3Halve cucumber lengthways, discard seeds with teaspoon. Slice cucumber thinly. Cut avocado into small cubes.
- 4Place asparagus, snow peas, cucumber and avocado in large bowl with mesclun and dressing, toss gently to combine.
Add some halved cherry tomatoes for colour or small Japanese rice crackers or crispy wasabi peas for a crunch.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021