- 1 cup (200g) pearl barley
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 1 cup (150g) shelled edamame
- 150 gram (4½ ounces) snow peas, sliced thinly
- 2 green onions (scallions), chopped finely
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 335 gram (10½ ounces) labne in olive oil, drained
- 1Cook barley in a medium saucepan of salted water over medium heat about 25 minutes or until tender. Drain; rinse under cold water until cold, drain well.
- 2Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add peas, edamame and snow peas; boil 1 minute. Drain; place in a bowl of iced water until cold. Drain well.
- 3Place barley and pea mixture in a shallow serving dish with onion and mint; drizzle with combined oil and juice. Toss gently to combine. Season to taste.
- 4Serve salad topped with labne.
Frozen edamame, soy beans in the pod, are available from Asian supermarkets. You will need about 300g (9½ ounces) in the pod. You can also use frozen broad (fava) beans; you'll need to discard the outer skin after the podded beans have been brought to the boil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 30 brilliant barramundi dishes to make for dinnerYesterday 2:00pm
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022