Greek yoghurt cake
- 125 gram (4 ounces) butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cup (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1/4 cup (40g) finely chopped blanched almonds
- 1 cup (280g) greek-style yoghurt
Greek yoghurt cake
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease 20cm x 30cm (8 inch x 12 inch) lamington pan; line base and sides with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, beat well.
- 3Transfer mixture to large bowl; stir in sifted flour and soda in two batches, then nuts and yoghurt.
- 4Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into yoghurt mixture in two batches. Spread mixture into pan. Bake about 35 minutes.
- 5Stand cake in pan 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool; dust with sifted icing sugar before serving, if you like.
Store in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to two days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieToday 5:13am
- Caramel sliceYesterday 11:16pm
- Corn and kidney bean quesadillas with tomato salsaYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb with white beansYesterday 1:00pm
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsYesterday 1:00pm
- Brown fried rice with carrot, cabbage and red onionYesterday 1:00pm
- Raspberry crumble almond tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Braised beef cheeks in red wineYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingYesterday 1:00pm
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawYesterday 1:00pm
- Creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- Fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniYesterday 1:00pm
- Jam rollYesterday 1:00pm
- Cumin-spiced steak with white bean hummusYesterday 1:00pm