Brazil nut base
- 1 cup brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 2 tablespoon melted virgin coconut oil or melted coconut butter
Greek yoghurt and passionfruit cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 400 gram cream cheese
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoon honey
- 4 teaspoon gelatine
- 5 tablespoon cold water
- large handful of coconut chips, to top
- 1/4 cup passionfruit pulp, to top
Greek yoghurt and passionfruit cheesecake with brazil nut base
- 1Grease the base and sides of a springform cake tin and then line both with baking paper, or grease a small 12-hole silicone muffin tray.
- 2To prepare the base, put the brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds and shredded coconut into a food processor. Process for a minute or so until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add dates and coconut oil and process until mixture starts to come together.
- 3Press mixture evenly into the cake tin or muffin holes then refrigerate.
- 4To prepare filling, put the yoghurt, cream cheese, lemon juice and honey into a food processor and process until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- 5In a small heatproof bowl, combine the gelatine and water.
- 6Fill a small saucepan with water to a depth of 2-3cm and bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Place bowl containing gelatine over the saucepan and stir until gelatine dissolves (about 2 minutes). Remove bowl.
- 7With the food processor running, drizzle the gelatine into the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- 8Carefully pour the cream cheese filling on top of the base, and smooth out evenly. Place in the freezer and leave to set for at least 2 hours.
- 9To serve, remove from the freezer and leave to thaw slightly. Top with passionfruit pulp and coconut chips.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistYesterday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeYesterday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019