Greek-style chicken salad
- 1 large (750g) cos lettuce, shredded finely
- 3 cup (480g) cooked chicken, shredded finely
- 6 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup (30g) seeded green olives, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Greek style chicken salad
- 1Combine the lettuce, chicken, onions, olives and dill in a large serving bowl.
- 2Combine oil, juice and salt and pepper to taste in a screw-top jar; shake well.
- 3Just before serving, add the dressing to the salad and toss gently to combine.
You will need a large barbecued chicken for this recipe. Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 24 sweet ways with bread and butter puddingJun 02, 2020
- Dark chocolate croissant puddingJun 02, 2020
- Jam roll puddingJun 02, 2020
- Hungarian goulashJun 02, 2020
- Tasty tagine recipesJun 02, 2020
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 02, 2020
- South-East Asian dinner recipesMay 31, 2020
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterMay 31, 2020
- Pineapple upside-down cakeMay 31, 2020
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesMay 31, 2020
- Custard tartMay 31, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 31, 2020
- Impossible pieMay 31, 2020
- Pumpkin sconesMay 31, 2020
- What food is in season in June?May 31, 2020