- 280 grams macaroni pasta
- 4 rindless bacon slices (260g), chopped finely
- 50 grams butter
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 1 litre (4 cups) milk
- 200 grams grated mozarella
- 100 grams fetta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill sprigs
- 1 teaspoon zested lemon rind
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan. Oil a deep 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof dish.
- 2Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 1½ minutes less than cooking time on the packet; drain. Cook bacon in same pan, stirring, until crisp; drain on paper towel.
- 3Melt butter in same pan, add flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in cheeses and mustard.
- 4Combine pasta, cheese sauce, bacon and spinach in a large bowl; pour into ovenproof dish. Dot with a little extra butter. Bake for 30 minutes or until browned. Top with dill and zested lemon.
When matching sauces with pasta, a simple rule is the longer the pasta, the thinner the sauce; the shorter the pasta, the thicker or chunkier the sauce.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rosé sangriaYesterday 11:53pm
- ChurrosYesterday 2:00pm
- SangriaYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooker silverbeet dhalYesterday 10:20am
- SpanakopitaYesterday 6:57am
- Lamb birriaYesterday 6:40am
- Sesame Turkish ring breadsYesterday 3:32am
- 42 brilliant brownie recipesYesterday 2:29am
- Chilli con carneYesterday 2:15am
- 30 easy vegetarian curry recipesYesterday 12:18am
- 23 easy bread recipesMay 18, 2022
- VichyssoiseMay 18, 2022
- Classic margaritaMay 18, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinMay 18, 2022
- Romesco sauceMay 18, 2022