Goan fish curry
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 dried chillies
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 4 teaspoon cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large (200g) brown onion, sliced thinly
- 4 medium (240g) roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped finely
- 400 ml (12½oz) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons tamarind puree
- 1 fresh long green chilli, seeded, chopped finely
- 500 grams (1lb) firm white fish fillets, cut into 4cm (1½in) pieces
- 100 grams (3oz) green beans, cut into 4cm (1½in) lengths
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1Heat a large deep frying pan over medium heat. Cook ground coriander, cumin and dried chilli, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Using a spice grinder or a mortar and pestle, grind mixture until almost completely ground. Combine spice mixture with ginger, garlic and turmeric in a small bowl.
- 2Heat oil in the same pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until starting to turn golden. Add spice mix; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in tomato;
cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until most of
the moisture is evaporated.
- 3Stir in coconut milk, sugar, tamarind and
fresh chilli; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to
low; simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened slightly.
- 4Add fish and green beans to pan; simmer
for 4 minutes or until just cooked through. Season to taste.
- 5Serve curry topped with coriander leaves.
Serve curry with cauliflower rice.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Santa Claus Christmas ice-cream cakeToday 4:33am
- Nutty choc-chip boiled fruit cakesToday 12:51am
- Rum and raisin shortbreadToday 12:48am
- Rice-cooker bibimbapToday 12:29am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- 25 rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesYesterday 1:00pm
- Aussie meat piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Melt-in-the-mouth eggnog shortbreadsYesterday 1:00pm
- Everything you need to know about the Air FryerYesterday 1:00pm
- Teriyaki poke bowlsYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 Christmas recipes that will surprise your guestsYesterday 1:00pm
- Rudolph the reindeer cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 sensational Christmas shortbread variationsYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerYesterday 1:00pm