Goan fish curry
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 dried chillies
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 4 teaspoon cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large (200g) brown onion, sliced thinly
- 4 medium (240g) roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped finely
- 400 ml (12½oz) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons tamarind puree
- 1 fresh long green chilli, seeded, chopped finely
- 500 grams (1lb) firm white fish fillets, cut into 4cm (1½in) pieces
- 100 grams (3oz) green beans, cut into 4cm (1½in) lengths
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1Heat a large deep frying pan over medium heat. Cook ground coriander, cumin and dried chilli, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Using a spice grinder or a mortar and pestle, grind mixture until almost completely ground. Combine spice mixture with ginger, garlic and turmeric in a small bowl.
- 2Heat oil in the same pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until starting to turn golden. Add spice mix; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in tomato;
cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until most of
the moisture is evaporated.
- 3Stir in coconut milk, sugar, tamarind and
fresh chilli; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to
low; simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened slightly.
- 4Add fish and green beans to pan; simmer
for 4 minutes or until just cooked through. Season to taste.
- 5Serve curry topped with coriander leaves.
Serve curry with cauliflower rice.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vietnamese beef brisketYesterday 6:52am
- Baked rice custardYesterday 5:26am
- Espresso martini cocktailMay 28, 2020
- All the classic curry recipesMay 28, 2020
- Braised beef brisketMay 28, 2020
- Pressure Cooker Beef BourguignonMay 28, 2020
- Hasselback potatoesMay 28, 2020
- All of our best nachos recipesMay 28, 2020
- Camp oven lamb roast with vegetablesMay 28, 2020
- Beef and mushroom family pieMay 28, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020
- Mulled wineMay 28, 2020
- Vegetarian pasta recipesMay 28, 2020
- Brown rice congee with fried garlicMay 27, 2020