Do you love pizza dough but find it doesn't love you back? Indulge in this gluten-free alternative- same delicious taste and texture, but full of ingredients that will agree with you!
Looking for more pizza topping ideas?
Gluten-free pizza dough
- 3 cup (405g) gluten-free (all-purpose) flour
- 1 cup (135g) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (75g)potato flour
- 1/2 cup (80g) brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoon (7g) dried yeast
- 2 teaspoon xanham gum
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup (180ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 cup (500ml) warm water, approximately
- white rice flour, extra, for dusting
Gluten-free pizza dough
- 1Grease three 30cm (12-inch) round pizza trays, dust lightly with a little rice flour.
- 2Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3Beat egg, egg whites, oil, vinegar and 1½ cups of the water in a large bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed for 3½ minutes. Add the combined sifted dry ingredients, 1 cup at a time, beating until combined between additions. Continue adding dry ingredients until mixture just starts to come away from the side of the bowl (add remaining water only if necessary). Turn dough onto a surface dusted with rice flour; knead lightly until smooth.
- 4Divide dough into three equal portions. Roll each portion on the rice-floured surface until large enough to fit pizza trays. Lift dough onto trays. Cover; stand in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- 5Spread pizza dough with sauces and toppings as desired.
Divide the dough into 6 equal portions to make mini pizzas. To freeze pizza bases, par-bake pizza dough for 15 minutes or until browned lightly, then cool. Wrap individually in plastic wrap, then foil. freeze for up to 3 months.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Nectarine and almond tarte tatinToday 2:23am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- Beer-battered fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Baked caramel cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm