- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup cornflour
- 2 tablespoon pure icing sugar
- 90 gram butter
- 1 1/2 cup pure icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon passionfruit pulp
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease four 12 hole round based patty pans, line bases with small rounds of baking paper.
- 2Beat eggs in small bowl with electric mixer until thick and creamy. Add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves between additions. Gently fold in triple sifted cornflour. Drop one level tablespoon of mixture into each pan hole.
- 3Bake biscuits about 10 minutes. Turn biscuits immediately onto baking paper covered wire rack by tapping upside down pans firmly on the bench to release the cakes, cool.
- 4Passionfruit filling: Beat butter in small bowl with electric mixer until pale and creamy, gradually beat in sifted icing sugar. Stir in passionfruit and lemon rind.
- 5Sandwich cold kisses with passionfruit filling; serve dusted with sifted icing sugar.
Store biscuits in an airtight container. They must be completely cold before storing or they will soften in the container. Biscuits which are filled with icing are best filled on the day of serving. If unfilled or un-iced biscuits soften, they can be refreshed in a 180°C (160°C fan-forced) preheated oven for about 5 minutes. To freeze un-iced or unfilled biscuits, place the cooked cooled biscuits in an airtight container, with sheets of baking paper between the layers.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 24 sour cream cakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Japanese chicken schnitzel toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Reuben jaffleYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese omeletteYesterday 2:00pm
- Enchilada bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Our 20 best tea cakes for your favourite cuppaYesterday 2:00pm
- Mulled wine pork with red cabbageYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 easy toastie recipes the whole family will enjoyYesterday 3:00am
- Easy combination fried riceJun 21, 2021
- Chocolate chip cookiesJun 21, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021