Gluten-free banana bread
- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched almonds
Passionfruit cream cheese frosting
- 250 gram cream cheese, softened
- 90 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 cup gluten-free icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 2 passionfruit, pulp
Gluten-free banana and passionfruit bread
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and line a 10 x 20cm loaf pan, allowing baking paper to overhang 2cm on long sides.
- 2In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Beat in honey. Fold in mashed banana, then add combined self-raising and plain flours, then almond meal.
- 4Lightly mix 1/4 cup of the almonds through. Spoon into pan. Smooth surface. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of almonds. Bake 55-60 minutes, until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5Meanwhile, make frosting: In a small bowl of an electric mixer beat cream cheese and butter together until creamy. Add icing sugar mixture. Beat until combined.
- 6Stir passionfruit pulp through. Spread over cooled banana bread. Cut into slices to serve.
If preferred, omit the passionfruit icing and serve in slices, toasted with ricotta, strawberries and drizzled with extra passionfruit. You'll need 2-3 ripe bananas for this cake. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019