- 1 cup (135g) dates, pitted, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 40 gram butter, diced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (130g) mashed banana
- 1/2 cup (140g) greek-style yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free self-raising flour, sifted
- 1Preheat oven 200°C (180°C fan-forced. Grease a 8 x 20cm loaf pan; line with baking paper.
- 2Place dates, soda and butter into a large bowl; pour over boiling water. Stir to combine; allow to sit 5 minutes.
- 3Stir sugar into date mixture. When sugar has dissolved, add banana, yoghurt, egg and vanilla bean paste. Stir to combine, then sift over flour. Fold to combine, then spoon into prepared loaf tin. Bake 35-40 minutes.
- 4Stand in pan 10 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019