- 1 cup (135g) dates, pitted, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 40 gram butter, diced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (130g) mashed banana
- 1/2 cup (140g) greek-style yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free self-raising flour, sifted
- 1Preheat oven 200°C (180°C fan-forced. Grease a 8 x 20cm loaf pan; line with baking paper.
- 2Place dates, soda and butter into a large bowl; pour over boiling water. Stir to combine; allow to sit 5 minutes.
- 3Stir sugar into date mixture. When sugar has dissolved, add banana, yoghurt, egg and vanilla bean paste. Stir to combine, then sift over flour. Fold to combine, then spoon into prepared loaf tin. Bake 35-40 minutes.
- 4Stand in pan 10 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasAug 08, 2022