- 1 cup (135g) dates, pitted, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 40 gram butter, diced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (130g) mashed banana
- 1/2 cup (140g) greek-style yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free self-raising flour, sifted
- 1Preheat oven 200°C (180°C fan-forced. Grease a 8 x 20cm loaf pan; line with baking paper.
- 2Place dates, soda and butter into a large bowl; pour over boiling water. Stir to combine; allow to sit 5 minutes.
- 3Stir sugar into date mixture. When sugar has dissolved, add banana, yoghurt, egg and vanilla bean paste. Stir to combine, then sift over flour. Fold to combine, then spoon into prepared loaf tin. Bake 35-40 minutes.
- 4Stand in pan 10 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019