- 1 cup (135g) dates, pitted, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 40 gram butter, diced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (130g) mashed banana
- 1/2 cup (140g) greek-style yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free self-raising flour, sifted
- 1Preheat oven 200°C (180°C fan-forced. Grease a 8 x 20cm loaf pan; line with baking paper.
- 2Place dates, soda and butter into a large bowl; pour over boiling water. Stir to combine; allow to sit 5 minutes.
- 3Stir sugar into date mixture. When sugar has dissolved, add banana, yoghurt, egg and vanilla bean paste. Stir to combine, then sift over flour. Fold to combine, then spoon into prepared loaf tin. Bake 35-40 minutes.
- 4Stand in pan 10 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021