- 1 cup (135g) dates, pitted, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 40 gram butter, diced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (130g) mashed banana
- 1/2 cup (140g) greek-style yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free self-raising flour, sifted
- 1Preheat oven 200°C (180°C fan-forced. Grease a 8 x 20cm loaf pan; line with baking paper.
- 2Place dates, soda and butter into a large bowl; pour over boiling water. Stir to combine; allow to sit 5 minutes.
- 3Stir sugar into date mixture. When sugar has dissolved, add banana, yoghurt, egg and vanilla bean paste. Stir to combine, then sift over flour. Fold to combine, then spoon into prepared loaf tin. Bake 35-40 minutes.
- 4Stand in pan 10 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingToday 12:13am
- Women's Weekly Vintage Edition: Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 10:00pm
- White ChristmasYesterday 9:00pm
- How to make an easy gingerbread houseYesterday 8:00pm
- Meatloaf recipe - classicYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a towering pavlova Christmas treeYesterday 1:00pm
- Caesar saladYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make basic sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesNov 12, 2019
- Summer puddingNov 12, 2019
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019