- 1/3 cup (45g) slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup (105g) mixed glacé cherries, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon glacé ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (75g) glacé pear, finely chopped
- 100 gram dairy-free spread
- 1 cup (135g) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (110g) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) rice milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Grease a 12-hole (⅓-cup/80ml) standard muffin pan; line base of pan holes with rounds of baking paper (see notes).
- 3Combine nuts and glacé fruit in a small bowl; sprinkle mixture evenly into pan holes.
- 4Beat spread in a small bowl with an electric mixer for about 1 second, just to soften slightly (see notes). Sift flour, spices and 2 tablespoons of the sugar together in a medium bowl. Beat flour mixture and milk into spread only until combined.
- 5Beat egg and egg white in a small bowl with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes or until thick and creamy. Add remaining sugar, beat until dissolved. Gradually beat egg mixture into flour mixture. Spoon mixture into pan holes.
- 6Bake cakes for about 15 minutes. Stand in pan for 5 minutes; turn, bottom-side up, onto a wire rack to cool. Remove lining papers.
The easiest way to line the base of a pan hole is to cut the bottom out of cupcake paper cases; use the correct sized case for the muffin pan. Don't overbeat the dairy-free spread or it will break down; you just need to break it up before adding the flour mixture. These cakes will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Stunning smoked salmon recipesToday 1:00pm
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeToday 1:00pm
- Sensational summer dessertsToday 1:00pm
- Pumpkin pieToday 1:00pm
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Gluten-free and dairy-free steamed puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Salmon gravlax platterYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best bruschetta recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Spiced pumpkin pies with honey & nutsYesterday 1:00pm
- Cherry tomato and goats cheese bruschettaYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky chicken wings with dipping sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect barbecue prawnsYesterday 1:00pm
- Garlic breadNov 24, 2020
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 23, 2020
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesNov 23, 2020