- 1/3 cup (45g) slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup (105g) mixed glacé cherries, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon glacé ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (75g) glacé pear, finely chopped
- 100 gram dairy-free spread
- 1 cup (135g) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (110g) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) rice milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Grease a 12-hole (⅓-cup/80ml) standard muffin pan; line base of pan holes with rounds of baking paper (see notes).
- 3Combine nuts and glacé fruit in a small bowl; sprinkle mixture evenly into pan holes.
- 4Beat spread in a small bowl with an electric mixer for about 1 second, just to soften slightly (see notes). Sift flour, spices and 2 tablespoons of the sugar together in a medium bowl. Beat flour mixture and milk into spread only until combined.
- 5Beat egg and egg white in a small bowl with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes or until thick and creamy. Add remaining sugar, beat until dissolved. Gradually beat egg mixture into flour mixture. Spoon mixture into pan holes.
- 6Bake cakes for about 15 minutes. Stand in pan for 5 minutes; turn, bottom-side up, onto a wire rack to cool. Remove lining papers.
The easiest way to line the base of a pan hole is to cut the bottom out of cupcake paper cases; use the correct sized case for the muffin pan. Don't overbeat the dairy-free spread or it will break down; you just need to break it up before adding the flour mixture. These cakes will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021