- 1 trimmed corn cob (250g)
- 1 medium carrot (120g), grated coarsely
- 1 medium zucchini (120g), grated coarsely
- 1 baby beetroot (25g), peeled, grated coarsely
- 600 gram beef mince
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (50g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease 12cm x 22cm loaf pan.
- 2Remove kernels from corn; combine corn, carrot, zucchini, beetroot, mince, egg and breadcrumbs in large bowl. Press mixture into pan.
- 3Cover pan with foil; bake 40 minutes. Remove loaf from oven; drain excess juices from pan.
- 4Turn pan upside-down onto foil or baking-paper-lined oven tray; remove pan. Brush loaf with combined sauces; bake, uncovered, brushing occasionally with sauce mixture, about 20 minutes or until loaf is cooked through. Stand 10 minutes before slicing thickly.
- 5Cut a slice of the meatloaf into fingers for toddler; serve with extra tomato sauce.
- 6Season remaining meatloaf to taste; serve with mustard, horseradish or chutney
Meatloaf is good served hot, warm or cold – serve it as a meal with mash and green vegies or a salad. Cold meatloaf makes a great sandwich filling. Meatloaf doesn’t freeze well.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Dinner date recipes to impressToday 5:50am
- The big chocolate cookieToday 5:26am
- Princess-themed birthday cakesToday 3:28am
- 100 years of Australian dinnersToday 1:19am
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlYesterday 11:51pm
- Coconut dessert recipesYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast dessertsYesterday 10:49pm
- Cheesy tuna pasta bakeYesterday 10:12pm
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeYesterday 8:00pm
- Quick and easy plum tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Quick versions of your favourite dessert recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 easy vegetarian curry recipesMar 29, 2020
- Sourdough rye breadMar 29, 2020
- Easy boston bunMar 29, 2020
- Aussie damperMar 29, 2020