- 90 gram butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (115g) golden syrup or treacle
- 1/3 cup (200g) plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease oven trays.
- 2Combine butter, sugar and golden syrup in small saucepan; stir over low heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat and stir in sifted dry ingredients. Stand until mixture feels warm to touch.
- 3Roll 2-level-teaspoon portions of mixture into balls, place about 3cm apart on trays. Flatten slightly with hand.
- 4Bake about 12 minutes or until browned. Loosen biscuits; cool on trays.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019