- 90 gram butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (115g) golden syrup or treacle
- 1 1/3 cup (200g) plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan). Grease two oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Place butter, sugar and syrup in a small saucepan; stir over low heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat, stir in sifted dry ingredients; stand until mixture feels warm to touch.
- 3Roll one level tablespoon of mixture into balls (you should have 10 balls). Place 3cm apart on trays; flatten slightly with your hand.
- 4Bake about 12 minutes or until browned. Loosen biscuits; cool on trays.
Store gingernuts in an airtight container for up to one week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019