- 90 gram butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (115g) golden syrup or treacle
- 1 1/3 cup (200g) plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan). Grease two oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Place butter, sugar and syrup in a small saucepan; stir over low heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat, stir in sifted dry ingredients; stand until mixture feels warm to touch.
- 3Roll one level tablespoon of mixture into balls (you should have 10 balls). Place 3cm apart on trays; flatten slightly with your hand.
- 4Bake about 12 minutes or until browned. Loosen biscuits; cool on trays.
Store gingernuts in an airtight container for up to one week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate slab cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy vanilla cupcakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Almond friandsYesterday 1:00pm
- Sensational spring dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- Blueberry muffinsYesterday 1:00pm
- Women's Weekly Vintage Edition: Gingerbread peopleYesterday 1:00pm
- Oven temperature conversionsYesterday 4:43am
- Char kway teowOct 27, 2020
- Mango recipes for dessertOct 27, 2020
- Sweet curried sausagesOct 27, 2020
- Chicken schnitzelOct 27, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, feta and chickpea saladOct 27, 2020
- Allergy-friendly fruit mince tartsOct 27, 2020
- Fruit mince pies and treats for ChristmasOct 27, 2020
- EggnogOct 27, 2020