- 90 gram butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (115g) golden syrup or treacle
- 1 1/3 cup (200g) plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan). Grease two oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Place butter, sugar and syrup in a small saucepan; stir over low heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat, stir in sifted dry ingredients; stand until mixture feels warm to touch.
- 3Roll one level tablespoon of mixture into balls (you should have 10 balls). Place 3cm apart on trays; flatten slightly with your hand.
- 4Bake about 12 minutes or until browned. Loosen biscuits; cool on trays.
Store gingernuts in an airtight container for up to one week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- ColeslawYesterday 1:00pm
- Honey soy nutsYesterday 1:00pm
- Millionaire's shortbreadYesterday 6:08am
- Christmas celebration salad with maple dressingYesterday 3:33am
- Spinach dip cob loafDec 08, 2019
- Spiced sweet potato tartDec 08, 2019
- Sweet potato, mint and goat’s cheese tartletsDec 08, 2019
- Mushroom and spinach bruschettaDec 08, 2019
- Chocolate hazelnut ice-cream pandoroDec 08, 2019
- Asparagus with crisp lentils and herb yoghurtDec 08, 2019
- A very vegetarian ChristmasDec 06, 2019
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltDec 05, 2019
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealDec 05, 2019