- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125ml) golden syrup
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/2 cup (375g) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 300 gram white chocolate melts
- length of ribbon or cord, for hanging
- 1Beat butter, syrup and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until creamy and paler in colour. Add egg yolk; beat until just combined. Add combined sifted flour and spices; stir until mixture just comes together.
- 2Knead dough gently on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 3Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease oven trays and line with baking paper.
- 4Roll dough on a lightly floured surface until 3mm thick. Using a 5cm square cutter or cardboard template, cut out 39 squares. Cut 13 of the squares in half to form two triangles.
- 5Arrange squares on trays about 3cm apart. Place a triangle on top of each square slightly overlapping to form a house shape, then press gently over the join to seal. Make a small hole in the top of each house, not too close to the edge, using a skewer.
- 6Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until light golden. Stand cookies on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
- 7Stir chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water until smooth (don't let water touch base of bowl).
- 8Fill the piping bag with melted chocolate and cut a small hole from the tip of the bag. Pipe chocolate onto biscuits using picture as a guide. Stand for 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- 9Thread ribbon through hole to hang biscuits.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- 18 vegetarian lasagne recipesJul 22, 2021
- Very green veggie curryJul 21, 2021
- Spiced vegetable biryaniJul 21, 2021
- Cherry lattice pies for your pie makerJul 21, 2021
- Chicken and vegetable risottoJul 21, 2021