- 1 whole stem fresh ginger (approx 10cm), halved lengthways
- 4 tablespoon honey
- 3 cup water
- 3 lemons
- soda water
- handful fresh mint leaves, to serve
- 1Place the ginger, honey and water in a heavy-based saucepan. Squeeze the juice of 2 of the lemons into the mix and add the skins. Bring to the boil, remove from the heat and allow to cool. Let the mixture infuse for at least an hour before serving. Strain.
- 2Mix 1 part ginger syrup with 4 parts soda water and serve with the fresh mint leaves and sliced lemon.
Replacing sugar with honey, this ginger drink makes a healthy alternative to lemonade. It's absolutely packed with ginger! If you have an abundance of ginger, or you can source it very cheaply, make a big batch, bottle the syrup, wrap a ribbon around and share with friends for a terrific gift! It'll last for about three months in the fridge.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertYesterday 5:51am
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022
- What to make with your preserved lemonJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeJun 30, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022