- 1.6 kg piece boneless pork shoulder
- 2 medium (300g) brown onions
- 3 cups (750ml) ginger beer
- 400 g pre-packed coleslaw salad mix
- 8 (450g) panini bread rolls
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Remove rind from pork; reserve. Season pork. Peel and quarter brown onions.
- 2Heat oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over high heat; cook pork and onions, turning, for 5 minutes or until pork is browned on both sides. Add ginger beer and vinegar to dish; bring to the boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- 3Roast pork in oven for 3 hours, turning pork once. Remove lid; roast for a further 30 minutes or until pork pulls apart easily. Remove pork from dish; cover with foil.
- 4Place dish with roasted onion and pan juices on the stove to high heat; bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until reduced and thickened. Using two forks, shred the pork; stir through the sauce.
- 5Assemble coleslaw following packet instructions. Split bread rolls. Fill rolls with coleslaw and pulled pork.
Pork and sauce suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingToday 12:13am
- Women's Weekly Vintage Edition: Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 10:00pm
- White ChristmasYesterday 9:00pm
- How to make an easy gingerbread houseYesterday 8:00pm
- Meatloaf recipe - classicYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a towering pavlova Christmas treeYesterday 1:00pm
- Caesar saladYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make basic sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesNov 12, 2019
- Summer puddingNov 12, 2019
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019