Giant pizza cookies
- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cup (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) custard powder (instant pudding mix)
- 1/3 cup (110g) strawberry jam
- 8 red sour straps (80g)
- 5 yellow musk sticks (35g)
- 8 spearmint leaves (40g)
- 10 (45g) chicos, black jelly beans or licorice
- 100 gram white chocolate melts
Giant pizza cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease 3 oven trays and line with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and pale. Add egg and beat to combine. Stir in sifted flour and custard powder until a soft dough forms. Shape dough into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3Divide dough into 3 equal portions. Using a rolling pin, roll out one portion at a time between sheets of baking paper until 20cm (8-inches) round. Place rounds on oven trays. Cut rounds into 8 wedges each (but don't separate the wedges). Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until crispy.
- 4Spread jam over 'pizzas' leaving a 1cm (½-inch) border. To make 'salami', use the pastry cutter (3cm (1¼-inch) to cut rounds from the sour straps. To make pineapple pieces, cut musk sticks widthways into 3mm (¹/8-inch) slices. To make olives, cut spearmint leaves and Chicos widthways into thin slices.
- 5Place 2 slices of 'salami' on each pizza cookie and scatter with 'pineapple' and 'olives'.
- 6Melt white chocolate. Spoon into a small ziptop bag, snip end and drizzle chocolate over pizza to resemble melted cheese. Stand at room temperature until set.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021