Giant pizza cookies
- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cup (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) custard powder (instant pudding mix)
- 1/3 cup (110g) strawberry jam
- 8 red sour straps (80g)
- 5 yellow musk sticks (35g)
- 8 spearmint leaves (40g)
- 10 (45g) chicos, black jelly beans or licorice
- 100 gram white chocolate melts
Giant pizza cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease 3 oven trays and line with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and pale. Add egg and beat to combine. Stir in sifted flour and custard powder until a soft dough forms. Shape dough into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3Divide dough into 3 equal portions. Using a rolling pin, roll out one portion at a time between sheets of baking paper until 20cm (8-inches) round. Place rounds on oven trays. Cut rounds into 8 wedges each (but don't separate the wedges). Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until crispy.
- 4Spread jam over 'pizzas' leaving a 1cm (½-inch) border. To make 'salami', use the pastry cutter (3cm (1¼-inch) to cut rounds from the sour straps. To make pineapple pieces, cut musk sticks widthways into 3mm (¹/8-inch) slices. To make olives, cut spearmint leaves and Chicos widthways into thin slices.
- 5Place 2 slices of 'salami' on each pizza cookie and scatter with 'pineapple' and 'olives'.
- 6Melt white chocolate. Spoon into a small ziptop bag, snip end and drizzle chocolate over pizza to resemble melted cheese. Stand at room temperature until set.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019
- Gluten-free buckwheat waffles with golden syrupFeb 10, 2019
- How to cook burghulFeb 10, 2019
- Vegetable lasagneFeb 10, 2019