- 6 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 90 millilitre boiling water
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 300 millilitre thickened cream, whipped
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon boiling water
- 10 gram butter, at room temperature
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease and line base of 2 x 20cm square cake pans with baking paper.
- 2In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat eggs until fluffy. Add sugar. Beat 8-10 minutes, until thick and pale.
- 3Sift combined flours and salt twice onto a sheet of baking paper. Place into a large bowl. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold through egg mixture.
- 4Combine butter and boiling water in a small bowl. Add to mixture; quickly fold through. Pour mixture evenly into pans. Bake 12-15 minutes, until golden and a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Turn cakes out onto a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
- 5To make icing: sift icing sugar mixture and cocoa into large bowl. Add remaining ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- 6Sandwich cooled cakes together with jam and cream. Place on a cooling rack over an oven tray. Pour icing over to cover top and sides completely, allowing excess to drip off onto tray. Sprinkle generously with coconut. Cut into squares to serve.
If preferred, use an unfilled sponge cake instead of making your own.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 22 vegetarian lasagne recipesYesterday 6:40am
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeYesterday 6:02am
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- Leek and mushroom lasagneJun 26, 2022
- 21 beautiful baked salmon recipesJun 26, 2022
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- Gluten-free smoky chicken and corn pieJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Lasagne recipe collectionJun 26, 2022
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelJun 26, 2022