- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), chopped coarsley
- 1/2 medium red capsicum (200g), chopped coarsely
- 2 green onions, chopped coarsely
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 40 gram sourdough bread, chopped coarsley
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) water
- 6 medium cooked prawns (270g)
- 2 slice sourdough bread, extra, crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 gram butter
- 40 gram fetta, crumbled
- 1Blend tomato, capsicum, cucumber, onion, garlic, sourdough, oil, vinegar and the water in a blender for 3 minutes or until smooth. Season to taste.
- 2Shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact.
- 3Tear extra sourdough into rough pieces. Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat, add butter. When butter starts to foam, add bread; cook, tossing frequently, for 2 minutes or until croutons are golden.
- 4Pour soup into a bowl. Top with prawns, croutons and fetta. Grind over some freshly ground black pepper, if you like.
To maximise the flavour of the soup it’s important to use really ripe tomatoes.If you have it on hand you could also sprinkle the soup with some torn dill sprigs or basil leaves. The soup can be made a day ahead up to the end of step 1. Refrigerate in an airtight container. You may need to give the soup a quick whisk if the ingredients are slightly separated.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesToday 1:55am
- Easy Spanish paella recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy pastry twistsYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato Salad RecipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lasagne recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Brilliant broccoli recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheYesterday 1:59am
- Classic sconesYesterday 1:35am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeAug 04, 2020
- Homemade pastyAug 04, 2020
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceAug 04, 2020
- Tangy lemon squaresAug 04, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesAug 04, 2020
- 27 comforting custard dessertsAug 04, 2020
- Anzac biscuit recipesAug 04, 2020
- Traditional beef casseroleAug 04, 2020