Garlic cheese pizza
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup grated mozzarella
- 100 gram fetta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoon small oregano leaves
Garlic cheese pizza
- 1Combine flour and salt in a large bowl; make a well at the centre. Stir yeast into 1/2 cup lukewarm water in a jug; stir in 1/4 cup oil. Pour yeast mixture into flour; stir to make a firm dough.
- 2Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes or until smooth. Place in a clean, lightly oiled large bowl; cover with plastic food wrap. Half-fill a kitchen sink with warm tap water. Place bowl in water; stand for 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
- 3Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Combine remaining oil and garlic in a small bowl. Punch down dough. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to a 30cm round (to fit on a pizza tray). Place dough on oiled tray and shape an edge.
- 4Brush dough with some of the garlic oil. Top with cheeses. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden. Drizzle with remaining garlic oil. Sprinkle with oregano. Serve at once.
Makes 1 pizza Make this base, then top with your favourite ingredients; cooking time will vary. Wrap cooled bases individually in plastic food wrap then freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge overnight.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertYesterday 5:51am
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022
- What to make with your preserved lemonJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeJun 30, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022