Garlic bread will give you a crisp, golden crust and a tender, buttery middle. The combination of garlic and fresh herbs creates a beautiful flavour that goes well with many Italian recipes.
- 250 gram salted butter, softened
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small baguettes
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Beat butter in a medium bowl with a hand blender or wooden spoon until creamy. Mix in garlic and herbs and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- 3Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 4Keeping bread slices attached at the base, slice baguette at 1.5cm intervals. Spread butter mixture in between slices. Wrap bread in foil and bake in oven for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
The baguettes can be frozen before baking, but you will need to increase the cooking time to 30 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021