Garlic bread will give you a crisp, golden crust and a tender, buttery middle. The combination of garlic and fresh herbs creates a beautiful flavour that goes well with many Italian recipes.
- 250 gram salted butter, softened
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small baguettes
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Beat butter in a medium bowl with a hand blender or wooden spoon until creamy. Mix in garlic and herbs and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- 3Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 4Keeping bread slices attached at the base, slice baguette at 1.5cm intervals. Spread butter mixture in between slices. Wrap bread in foil and bake in oven for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
The baguettes can be frozen before baking, but you will need to increase the cooking time to 30 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeToday 6:02am
- 21 beautiful baked salmon recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten-free smoky chicken and corn pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm
- Baked lemon and coconut tartYesterday 2:00pm
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyYesterday 2:00pm
- Leek and mushroom lasagneYesterday 2:00pm
- Lasagne recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniYesterday 2:00pm
- Traditional Greek recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 gluten-free dinnersYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best spaghetti bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinYesterday 2:00pm
- Chocolate indulgence cakeYesterday 2:00pm