Garlic bread will give you a crisp, golden crust and a tender, buttery middle. The combination of garlic and fresh herbs creates a beautiful flavour that goes well with many Italian recipes.
- 250 gram salted butter, softened
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small baguettes
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Beat butter in a medium bowl with a hand blender or wooden spoon until creamy. Mix in garlic and herbs and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- 3Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 4Keeping bread slices attached at the base, slice baguette at 1.5cm intervals. Spread butter mixture in between slices. Wrap bread in foil and bake in oven for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
The baguettes can be frozen before baking, but you will need to increase the cooking time to 30 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Christmas seafood recipes to impress your guestsToday 4:53am
- Sweet pea, cinnamon and orange cakeToday 1:48am
- Gluten-free Christmas cakesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 Christmas desserts to end your feast on a highYesterday 1:00pm
- Apple pieNov 27, 2020
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamNov 26, 2020
- Lemon and poppyseed shortbreadNov 26, 2020
- Chocolate and cardamom shortbreadNov 26, 2020
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 26, 2020
- Pumpkin pieNov 26, 2020
- ProfiterolesNov 26, 2020
- Latte shortbread starsNov 26, 2020
- Sensational summer dessertsNov 26, 2020
- Stunning smoked salmon recipesNov 26, 2020