Garlic bread will give you a crisp, golden crust and a tender, buttery middle. The combination of garlic and fresh herbs creates a beautiful flavour that goes well with many Italian recipes.
- 250 gram salted butter, softened
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small baguettes
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Beat butter in a medium bowl with a hand blender or wooden spoon until creamy. Mix in garlic and herbs and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- 3Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 4Keeping bread slices attached at the base, slice baguette at 1.5cm intervals. Spread butter mixture in between slices. Wrap bread in foil and bake in oven for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
The baguettes can be frozen before baking, but you will need to increase the cooking time to 30 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Fettuccine carbonaraYesterday 6:37am
- 28 picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Spring rollsYesterday 1:55am
- Mixed berry muffinsYesterday 12:30am
- Almond caramel barsSep 23, 2021
- Sausage rollsSep 23, 2021
- Mussels in tomato sauceSep 23, 2021
- Air fryer vegetable spring rollsSep 23, 2021
- Our 23 best toastie recipesSep 23, 2021
- Thai spring rollsSep 23, 2021
- Teriyaki chicken salad rollsSep 23, 2021
- Easy vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2021
- TabboulehSep 23, 2021
- Greek salad lamb pitta pocketsSep 23, 2021
- 20 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertSep 23, 2021