- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 x 250g (8-ounce) packet instant lasagne sheets (you need 11 sheets)
- 150 gram (4½ ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 500 gram (1 pound) antipasto vegetable mix
- 700 gram (1½-pounds) bottled tomato pasta sauce (passata)
- 1 cup (250ml) water 1½ cups (360g) firm ricotta, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) coarsely grated pizza cheese
- 1Heat oil in a large deep frying pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens.
- 2Meanwhile, break lasagne sheets lengthways into strips; put long strips aside, save any small broken pieces. Sprinkle small broken pasta pieces, spinach and antipasto into pan with onion; mix gently to combine.
- 3Pour combined pasta sauce and the water into pan; insert long pasta strips into the mixture. Sprinkle with both cheeses. Bring the pan to the boil over high heat; reduce heat to low, cover, simmer, for 20 minutes.
- 4Preheat grill (broiler).
- 5Grill lasagne for 5 minutes or until cheese browns. Cover, stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Use a large round deep frying pan, instead of a square one, with a base measurement of 28cm (11¼ inches) and a domed lid; cover the handle with aluminium foil to protect it from the heat of the grill. You could use a large flameproof baking dish (about 3-litres/12-cups) instead of the frying pan, if you prefer. Instead of breaking the pasta into long strips, simply break it all into bite-sized pieces; mix the pieces into the spinach and tomato sauce mixture, sprinkle over the cheese and cook the lasagne as directed.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021