- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 375 grams packet fresh lasagne sheets
- 60 grams baby spinach leaves
- 900 grams ready-made fresh bolognese pasta sauce with beef (see tips)
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1½ cups (360g) firm ricotta, crumbled
- 1½ cups (150g) coarsely grated pizza cheese
- ⅓ cup loosely packed fresh small basil leaves
- 1Heat oil in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, about 5 minutes or until onion softens.
- 2Meanwhile, tear lasagne sheets lengthways into strips;
put long strips aside, save any small broken pieces. Sprinkle small broken pasta pieces and spinach into pan with onion; mix gently to combine. Pour combined pasta sauce and the water into pan; mix gently to combine.
- 3Insert long pasta strips, standing upright on long sides, into the mixture. Sprinkle with both cheeses. Bring the pan to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, for
2 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 4Preheat grill (broiler).
- 5Grill lasagne for 5 minutes or until cheese browns. Cover, stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with basil.
You need a frying pan with an ovenproof handle for this recipe, or cover the handle with a few layers of foil to protect it from the heat of the grill. You could use a large flameproof baking dish (about 3-litres/12-cups) instead of the frying pan, if you prefer. We used a ready-made fresh bolognese pasta sauce containing beef and herbs; you'll find it in the refrigerated section in most supermarkets. Instead of breaking the pasta into long strips, simply break it all into bite-sized pieces; mix the pieces into the spinach and pasta sauce mixture, sprinkle over the cheese and cook the lasagne as directed.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021