Fruit mince slice
- 3/4 cup (110g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 90 gram (3 ounces) cold butter, chopped coarsely
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 410 gram (13 ounces) bottled fruit mince
- 2 large_piece (400g) apples, peeled, grated coarsely
- 1 (sheet) puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk, extra
Fruit mince slice
- 1Grease 19cm x 30cm (7½ inch x 12 inch) rectangular pan, line base and long sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm (2 inches) over sides.
- 2Sift flours and sugar into large bowl, rub in butter then stir in egg yolk and milk. Turn dough onto floured surface, knead gently until smooth. Cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan forced).
- 4Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until large enough to cover base of pan, press into pan. Spread combined fruit mince and apple over top of dough.
- 5Cut pastry into 2cm (¾ inch) wide strips, place strips over filling in a lattice pattern. Brush pastry with a little extra egg yolk. Bake slice about 30 minutes. Cool in pan before cutting.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Stunning smoked salmon recipesToday 1:00pm
- Sensational summer dessertsToday 1:00pm
- Pumpkin pieToday 1:00pm
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Salmon gravlax platterYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free and dairy-free steamed puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect barbecue prawnsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spiced pumpkin pies with honey & nutsYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky chicken wings with dipping sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Cherry tomato and goats cheese bruschettaYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best bruschetta recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Garlic breadNov 24, 2020
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 23, 2020
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesNov 23, 2020
- Garlic beef stir-fryNov 23, 2020