Fruit mince pie pops
- 80 gram dark chocolate
- 360 gram fruit mince pies
- 2 tablespoon sweet sherry
- 250 gram dark chocolate melts
- 1/4 cup (55g) demerara sugar
Fruit mince pie pops
- 1Cut 18 slits into top of empty egg carton.
- 2Melt the dark chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the water touch the base of the bowl). Cool.
- 3Break the mince pies into a medium bowl; crush finely with a fork. Stir in sherry and melted chocolate. With slightly wet hands, roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls; place on a baking paper-lined tray. Freeze about 1 hour, or until firm.
- 4Melt the chocolate melts in a small heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the water touch the base of the bowl); transfer melted chocolate to a mug to make dipping easier.
- 5Working with one ball of mixture at a time, dip the tips of the cake pop or ice-block sticks into the melted chocolate, then push into the fruit mince balls. Dip the balls in chocolate; drain off excess, then sprinkle tops with sugar. Insert sticks into the slits in the egg carton. Stand the pops at room temperature, until set.
You need an empty egg carton or block of styrofoam and 18 cake pop sticks or ice-block sticks for this recipe. Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to melt chocolate in microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Nectarine and almond tarte tatinToday 2:23am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beer-battered fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Summer puddingYesterday 1:00pm