- 90 gram (3 ounces) butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (50g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (85g) raisins
- 3/4 cup (120g) sultanas
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease 20cm x 30cm (8-inch x 12-inch) lamington pan; line with baking paper, extending paper 5cm (2-inches) over long sides.
- 2Place butter and sugar in medium saucepan; stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Stir in sifted flour and egg yolk. Press mixture over base of pan.
- 3Bake about 10 minutes or until browned lightly; cool.
- 4Make fruit and nut topping. Beat eggs and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until changed to a lighter colour and thickened slightly; fold in sifted flour. Transfer mixture to large bowl, stir in remaining ingredients.
- 5Spread topping over cold base. Bake a further 30 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool in pan before cutting.
Store slice in an airtight container for up to one week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022