Frozen berry parfait
- 400 gram raspberries
- 300 millilitre thick cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (110g) raw caster sugar
- 2 egg whites
Frozen berry parfait
- 1Line a 21cm x 11cm loaf pan with a double layer of plastic wrap, allowing a 5cm overhang of wrap on all sides.
- 2Place 300g of raspberries in a food processor and process until pureed. Pass through a fine sieve into a medium bowl, pressing with the back of a spoon. Discard seeds.
- 3Using an electric mixer, beat cream and vanilla in a large bowl until soft peaks form.
- 4Combine sugar and 1 1/2 tbsp water in a small saucepan. Place over low heat and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil. Boil, without stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 5Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a clean dry bowl until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar syrup until thick and glossy.
- 6Fold meringue mixture into cream mixture until combined. Transfer half to a separate bowl. Add raspberry puree to one bowl and fold until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- 7Pour remaining cream mixture into prepared pan and smooth surface. Scatter remaining raspberries over cream mixture and freeze for 1 1/2 hours or until firm. Pour chilled raspberry mixture over ice-cream in pan and smooth surface. Fold over plastic wrap to cover, and freeze for a further 3 hours or until firm.
- 8Before serving, remove parfait from freezer and stand at room temperature for 20 minutes or until slightly softened. To serve, invert onto a serving plate, remove plastic wrap and slice.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 27 delicious ways to use pesto in your recipesToday 12:03am
- RatatouilleYesterday 6:11am
- Easter lunch recipesYesterday 12:43am
- Vegetarian eggplant recipesYesterday 12:20am
- Scone recipesApr 07, 2020
- PikeletsApr 07, 2020
- Delicious cornflake cookies and slicesApr 07, 2020
- Easter baking ideasApr 07, 2020
- White sauceApr 07, 2020
- Beef bourguignon and potato pieApr 07, 2020
- Gluten-free sconesApr 07, 2020
- 20 classic baking recipesApr 07, 2020
- Irish soda bread rollsApr 07, 2020
- Sausage casseroleApr 07, 2020
- Melting momentsApr 06, 2020