- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/4 chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 5 centimetre ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 400 gram boneless, skinless white fish fillets, chopped
- 28 rice paper rounds (16cm)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 small cucumber, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, roasted, chopped
- oil for deep frying
- 1In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrot, green onion, ginger and garlic. Mix well. Gently toss fish through mixture.
- 2Dip one sheet of rice paper in warm water, for about 30 seconds until just softened. Transfer to a clean tea towel on a flat surface. Place 1 tablespoon of mixture diagonally along the centre. Fold over sides. Roll up firmly to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 3To make the dipping sauce; combine water, sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan. Stir over a high heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir cucumber and red onion through. Add peanuts just before serving.
- 4Heat oil in a medium saucepan on high until a cube of bread sizzles as soon as it is added. Cook rice paper rolls in batches for 3-4 minutes, until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Serve hot with dipping sauce.
If you have a thermometer, oil should be 180°C. Be sure to remove any random bones.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Healthy meal ideas when you don't know what to makeYesterday 5:27am
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019
- Classic rum ballsNov 01, 2019
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsOct 31, 2019