Fried kibbeh balls
- 1 cup (160g) burghul
- 600 gram minced lamb
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), grated finely
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion (80g), chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 100 gram minced lamb
- 1/2 ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
Fried kibbeh balls
- 1Place burghul in medium bowl, cover with cold water, stand 15 minutes; drain. Rinse burghul under cold water, drain; squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- 2Combine burghul with lamb, onion, allspice, oregano, olive oil and the water in large bowl.
- 3To make filling, heat oil in medium frying pan; cook onion, stirring, until soft. Add nuts; cook, stirring, until browned lightly. Add lamb, allspice and oregano; cook, stirring, until lamb is browned. Stir in mint.
- 4Shape ¼ cups of burghul mixture into balls, using damp hands. Hollow out centres of meatballs, using your thumb. Place rounded teaspoons of filling into hollowed out meatballs. Shape meatballs into ovals, using damp hands.
- 5Heat vegetable oil in large frying pan; shallow-fry kibbeh in batches, until browned all over and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Winter vegie bowlYesterday 2:53am
- Spicy zucchini and ricotta pasta shellsYesterday 1:35am
- Cauliflower recipesJul 05, 2020
- Silverside frittersJul 05, 2020
- 10 meals that are quick, easy and healthyJul 05, 2020
- Perfect pumpkin recipesJul 05, 2020
- Pumpkin pieJul 05, 2020
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020