- 2 cup (300g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1Sift flour and salt onto work bench or into large bowl; make a well in the centre.
- 2Break eggs into well; using fingers, gradually mix flour into eggs. Press mixture into a ball. Knead dough on floured surface 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- 3Cut dough in half; roll each half through pasta machine set on thickest setting. Fold dough in half; roll through machine again. Repeat folding and rolling, adjusting setting on machine to become less thick with each roll, dusting dough with a little extra flour when necessary. Roll until 1mm thick or until desired thickness is reached. Cut pasta sheets into desired pasta shape.
Press the dough into a ball, then roll and stretch it on a floured surface. Using the heel of your hand, push the dough gently along the surface. After about 10 minutes, the dough should be smooth and springy. Adjust the hand roller to the thickest setting. Cut the dough in half and feed each half through the roller. Fold dough in half and feed the pieces through the roller again. Begin rolling the dough thinner, by turning the dial to the next thinnest setting. Guide the dough through the roller again, dusting it with flour if necessary. The pasta should be 1mm thick. You might find it easier to work with a helper, so one person can turn the crank and the other can guide the dough into the roller with one hand and catch it with the other hand. Be careful not to stretch or tear the sheet. Attach the cutting attachment to the hand roller according to your manual's instructions. Drape the sheet of pasta over one hand as you feed it through the roller. Making fresh pasta is a lot simpler than many people think. The few ingredients needed are readily available and inexpensive, and the process can be really satisfying. Once you have mastered the basics, have some fun experimenting with colours and flavours by adding pureed vegetables to the mix.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Single cup vs weight in grams for common ingredientsYesterday 4:59am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 3:18am
- Luscious lemon cakeYesterday 12:01am
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesOct 29, 2020
- Blueberry muffinsOct 29, 2020
- Chocolate slab cakeOct 28, 2020
- Sensational spring dinnersOct 28, 2020
- Easy vanilla cupcakesOct 28, 2020
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladOct 28, 2020
- Almond friandsOct 28, 2020
- Oven temperature conversionsOct 28, 2020
- Sweet curried sausagesOct 27, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, feta and chickpea saladOct 27, 2020
- Allergy-friendly fruit mince tartsOct 27, 2020
- EggnogOct 27, 2020