- 2 cup (300g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1Sift flour and salt onto work bench or into large bowl; make a well in the centre.
- 2Break eggs into well; using fingers, gradually mix flour into eggs. Press mixture into a ball. Knead dough on floured surface 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- 3Cut dough in half; roll each half through pasta machine set on thickest setting. Fold dough in half; roll through machine again. Repeat folding and rolling, adjusting setting on machine to become less thick with each roll, dusting dough with a little extra flour when necessary. Roll until 1mm thick or until desired thickness is reached. Cut pasta sheets into desired pasta shape.
Press the dough into a ball, then roll and stretch it on a floured surface. Using the heel of your hand, push the dough gently along the surface. After about 10 minutes, the dough should be smooth and springy. Adjust the hand roller to the thickest setting. Cut the dough in half and feed each half through the roller. Fold dough in half and feed the pieces through the roller again. Begin rolling the dough thinner, by turning the dial to the next thinnest setting. Guide the dough through the roller again, dusting it with flour if necessary. The pasta should be 1mm thick. You might find it easier to work with a helper, so one person can turn the crank and the other can guide the dough into the roller with one hand and catch it with the other hand. Be careful not to stretch or tear the sheet. Attach the cutting attachment to the hand roller according to your manual's instructions. Drape the sheet of pasta over one hand as you feed it through the roller. Making fresh pasta is a lot simpler than many people think. The few ingredients needed are readily available and inexpensive, and the process can be really satisfying. Once you have mastered the basics, have some fun experimenting with colours and flavours by adding pureed vegetables to the mix.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesYesterday 1:54am
- Christmas in July recipesYesterday 1:30am
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020