- 2 eggs
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 15 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped herbs, such as parsley, chives, chervil or basil
- 1Break eggs into a bowl and beat lightly with a fork to just combine egg whites with yolks. Season and stir in 1 tablespoon water. Melt half the butter in a frying pan on high heat. When foam subsides, pour in eggs. Cook for 5-10 seconds, until just setting underneath. Using a fork, pull egg mixture from outside edge towards centre to let uncooked mixture take its place to cook. Repeat until omelette begins to set all over, but is still quite soft. Scatter with herbs and flip one edge of omelette towards the centre.
- 2Flip over again so omelette is folded into three. Shake onto a heated plate. Melt remaining butter in pan on high heat and pour over omelette. Serve immediately.
If you like, add smoked salmon, asparagus or grated cheese to the omelette before folding.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Chilli con carneYesterday 1:15am
- What's in season in January?Jan 20, 2020
- Chilli con capsicumJan 19, 2020
- Gai lan and mushroom five-spice stir-fryJan 19, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020