- 2 eggs
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 15 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped herbs, such as parsley, chives, chervil or basil
- 1Break eggs into a bowl and beat lightly with a fork to just combine egg whites with yolks. Season and stir in 1 tablespoon water. Melt half the butter in a frying pan on high heat. When foam subsides, pour in eggs. Cook for 5-10 seconds, until just setting underneath. Using a fork, pull egg mixture from outside edge towards centre to let uncooked mixture take its place to cook. Repeat until omelette begins to set all over, but is still quite soft. Scatter with herbs and flip one edge of omelette towards the centre.
- 2Flip over again so omelette is folded into three. Shake onto a heated plate. Melt remaining butter in pan on high heat and pour over omelette. Serve immediately.
If you like, add smoked salmon, asparagus or grated cheese to the omelette before folding.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The-night-before Christmas ice-cream cakeYesterday 11:50pm
- CassataYesterday 1:00pm
- Hash brownsYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingYesterday 1:58am
- Julie Goodwin shares her chocolate trifle recipeNov 20, 2019
- Melting momentsNov 20, 2019
- Best ever Christmas fruit cake recipeNov 20, 2019
- Fresh apricot jamNov 20, 2019
- Spiced Christmas biscuitsNov 20, 2019
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 20, 2019
- How to cook lamb backstrapNov 20, 2019
- Brandy custardNov 20, 2019
- Moist Christmas cakeNov 20, 2019
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 20, 2019